What is the 3:1 Rule?
- For every three minutes it takes to cure a part in a conventional convection oven, it will require only one minute in a Gas Catalytic IR oven
What Does This Mean?
- For example, parts that normally take 30 minutes to cure conventionally, only take 10 minutes in a Gas Catalytic IR oven.
- Thermal Process Ovens are shorter and quicker than convection ovens
- The use of Gas Catalytic IR ovens reduce energy bills
Why is the 3:1 Rule so Important?
- The rule fundamentally demonstrates that less energy is required during process heating